The book of Deuteronomy chapter 28 is the primary scripture in the Bible that deals with blessings and curses. There are literally millions of people #living on the earth at this very moment that are under a curse. The general reasons why people are either blessed or cursed is obedience, or failure to obey the word of #God. “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth…..if though wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God…. that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee”- #Deuteronomy 28:1, 15). We can therefore conclude that when we obey the word of the Lord, then he will bless us; however, when we are disobedient, he will curse us. There are 6 types of blessing and curses that we can deduce from Deuteronomy 28, these are: 6 #Types of Blessings
- Exaltation. The Lord promised #the children of Israel that if they should hearken or listen and obey his commandment, then he will exalt them above all the nations upon the earth. When you obey the commandments of the Lord as written in the Bible (remember we are not under #the lawbut under #grace, therefore we need to obey the commandments that comes under grace in the New Testament), he promises that he will exalt you wherever you go. Everyone will see that the hands of the Lord are upon you.
- Prosperity. The Lord promised the Children of Israel that when they obey his commandment then “blessed shalt thou be in the field….and the fruit of the ground, and the fruit of thy cattle… blessed shall be thy basket and thy store….The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee”-Deuteronomy 28:3-5, 8. This promise is being made to each one of us today. The Lord has promised us that he will make us prosperous if we walk in his commandment. You will never lack.
- Victory. The Lord said unto the Israelites, “The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways” (vs. 7). When you walk in the fear of the Lord people will rise up against you but their counsel shall not stand because “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper…”- Isaiah 54:17
- Head and not the Tale- The head is the part of the body that makes the decision, while the tale is dragged around. God is not promising you that he will make you the boss of your company or head of government, but what he is telling you that he will exalt you and people will come to you instead of you going to them for advice and blessing. He will set you up and you will be respected by even your enemies.
- Fruitfulness. Children are a heritage from the Lord (Ps 127:3) and is therefore seen as a blessing. The Lord has promised that the woman womb will be fruitful (Ps 128:3) when you obey the Lord. One of the things that is very noticeable with the Israelites is that the #men had a lot of children.
- Health. Sickness is not of God (though at times he will afflict you with sickness when you do not obey the Lord). When you obey the Lord he will not allow sickness to have free reign in your life. If he does it is to build you or to prove a point in your life. Many people are sick because of their action, for example they consume too many sweets.
6 Types of Curses in the Bible They are 6 #types of curse in the Bible, these are:
- Barrenness- The opposite of fruitfulness is barrenness. One of the reasons why many #womencannot get pregnant is because a curse exists in the family or specifically on her life, or that of the husband. Additionally, some of the complications women are having that prevents them from having a baby are caused from a curse in the family. Perhaps the man of the woman committed a sin or did something that caused the Lord, or #Satan, to curse the womb of the woman. Or the cause of her barrenness could be that of a generational curse in the family.
- Sickness of every kind. One evidence of the Children of Israel being curse is when sickness is upon the land, “The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. The Lord will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.”- Deuteronomy 28:27-29
Many people are suffering from sickness because there is curse in the family or upon their lives. If you or someone you know is always suffering from a particular sickness and there seems to be no cure or the sickness getting better, then the sickness is caused from a curse that needs to be broken. Moreover, it is not natural for anyone to always getting broken legs, meeting in accidents etc. Unless this curse is broken then the sickness will continue.
- Poverty and failure. It is not the will of God that his people live in poverty, poverty or lack is not for the children of God. If you are always working but can’t seems to make ends meet no matter what you do, or you never have enough then you may be under a curse.
There are some people that are always broke, always in debt and always lacking. Today they are on top, but tomorrow they are on their face. It does not matter what they do or how much money they received each month, they always lack. I do agree that at times the Lord will test your faithfulness or bring you through a process of lack, but this is not forever. If you are always ‘going through a process’ then your process may be caused from a curse. Additionally, if everything you put your hands to fail, then something is seriously wrong. No one always have bad luck or failure.
- Defeat. When the Children of Israel walked contrary to the will of God, God would at times allow their enemies to come upon them and defeat them. You can know you are under a curse when people are always fighting against you and succeeding, especially when you are innocent. It is not natural for people always to fight against you and win, if they do then you need to take a check of your life.
- Tale and not the head. If the head is the one that makes the decision, then the tale is the one that is always following or being drag along. God does not expect or create us to always be beneath others but he wants us to be above. If people are always stepping on you and your always be dragged along, then your life may be under a curse.
In your spare time please take some time to read the entire chapter of Deuteronomy 28. If you believe your life is under a curse, then you need to break the curse. I will post in another article the things that can bring you under a curse on how to break them. Have anything to share? I would love to hear from you. Please subscribe if you like this article and also share it with your friends
Comments are closed